My Top 27 Performances from The Voice Season 5
As a celebration of an awesome season of The Voice, I’ve made a list of my favorite performances from season 5. Cheers!
NOTE: I do not own any of these pictures
27. Last Name - Shelbie Z (Knockout Rounds)
26. Fell in Love With a Girl - James Wolpert (Top 6 Performance)
25. When You Let Her Go - Cole Vosburry (Knockout Rounds)
24. Underneath It All - Tessanne Chin (Top 8 Live Rounds)
23. Done - Olivia Hanken and Stephanie Anne Johnson (Battle Rounds)
22. Have A Little Faith In Me - Matt Cermaski (Blind Auditions)
21. Bailamos - Michael Lynch (Blind Auditions)
20. Home - Ray Boudreaux (Top 20 Live Rounds)
19. I Have Nothing - Tessanne Chin (Top 3 Performance)
18. Cosmic Love - Matthew Schuler (Knockout Rounds)
17. Stompa - Jacquie Lee (Knockout Rounds)
16. Mercy - Juhi (Blind Auditions)
15. Sail - Kat Robichaud (Top 12 Performance)
14. Hallelujah - Matthew Schuler (Top 12 Performance)
13. A Case of You - James Wolpert (Live Rounds)
12. The Scientist - Holly Henry (Blind Auditions)
11. All These Things That I’ve Done - Jonny Gray (Blind Auditions)
10. Wrecking Ball - Matthew Schuler (Top 20 Live Rounds)
9. At Last - Will Champlin (Top 8 Performance)
8. Try - Tessanne Chin (Blind Auditions)
7. You Are So Beautiful - Donna Allen (Blind Auditions)
6. Adore - Cole Vosburry (Top 12 Performance)
5. As Long As You Love Me - Caroline Pennell and Anthony Paul (Battle Rounds)
4. Redemption Song - Tessane Chin (Top 6 Performance)
3. When I Was Your Man - Will Champlin (Knockout Rounds)
2. The Way I Am - Caroline Pennell (Knockout Rounds)
1. I Put A Spell On You - Jacquie Lee (Top 20 Live Rounds)
Tags#Shelbie Z#James Wolpert#Cole Vosburry#Tessanne Chin#Olivia Hanken#Stephanie Anne Johnson#Matt Cermaski#Michael Lynch#Ray Boudreaux#Matthew Schuler#Jacquie Lee#Juhi#Kat Robichaud#Holly Henry#Jonny Gray#Will Champlin#Donna Allen#Anthony Paul#Caroline Pennell#The Voice#Season 5#List#Top Performances
TOP 13 PERFORMANCES OF THE VOICE OF THE PHILIPPINES (Season 1)
We already have our Top 4 finalists of The Voice of the Philippines (I still hate the “of the” part). Days from now, we will know who among Klarisse, Myk, Mitoy or Janice will take it all. But before we witness the final rounds of the competition, I’ve listed MY TOP 13 PERFORMANCES OF THE VOICE OF THE PHILIPPINES from Blind Audiotions to the Live Rounds. Enjoy (or not) (I do not own any of the pictures below.)
13 - Imagine - Janice Javier (Live Rounds)
12 - Fallin’ - Jessica Reynoso (Blind Auditions)
11 - Paano - Mitoy (Live Rounds)
10 - Without You - Kimpoy and Taw (Battle Rounds)
9 - Respect - Radha and Marissa (Battle Rounds)
8 - Angels - Lee Grane (Blind Auditions)
7 - Balita - Daryl Shy (Live Rounds)
6 - Jar of Hearts - Morissette Amon (Live Rounds)
5 - California Girls/Isn’t She Lovely - Myk Perez (Live Rounds)
4 - Uwahig - Juvie Pelos (Blind Auditions)
3 - What About Love - Hans Dimayuga and Maki (Battle Rounds)
2 - Time After Time - Radha (Live Rounds)
1 - Natural Woman - Janice Javier (Blind Auditions)
Tags#TheVoicePH#The Voice of the Philippines#Team Lea#Team Sarah#Team Apl.d.ap#Team Bamboo#Jessica Reynoso#Mitoy#Daryl Shy#Myk Perez#Juvie Pelos#Janice Javier#Radha#Kimpoy and Taw#Hans Dimayuga#Maki Ricafort#Morissette Amon#Radha and Marissa#Lee Grane
21 Performances from Season 12 of American Idol
Sorry, I was just kinda bored today so I decided to make a list of my favorite performances of the past Season 12 of American Idol. So enjoy (or not whatever).
Note: I do not own any of these pictures.
21. I Will (Top 9) - Janelle Arthur
20. Evidence (Victory Song for Top 10) - Kree Harrison
19. I Surrender (Top 10) - Angie Miller
18. My Funny Valentine (Top 4 p2) - Amber Holcomb
17. Straight Up (Top 5) - Candice Glover
16. Love Came Down (Top 6) - Angie Miller
15. Crying (Top 10) - Kree Harrison
14. Who You Are (Top 4) - Angie Miller
13. Keep Me Hanging On (Top 7) - Janelle Arthur
12. Somewhere (Top 3) - Candice Glover
11. When I Was Your Man (Top 4 p2) - Candice Glover
10. What the World Needs Now Is Love (Top 6) - Kree Harrison
9. I Who Have Nothing (Top 10) - Candice Glover
8. Help Me Make It Through The Night (Top 6) - Kree Harrison
7. I’m Going Down (Victory Song for Top 10) - Candice Glover
6. You’ve Changed (Top 4 p2) - Candice Glover
5. Up to the Mountain (Top 2) - Kree Harrison
4. See You Again (Top 4 p2) - Kree Harrison
3. I Who Have Nothing (Top 2) - Candice Glover
2. Don’t Make Me Over (Top 6) - Candice Glover
1. Love Song (Top 6) - Candice Glover
Next list will be from The Voice Season 4
Did Candice Glover give ‘One of the greatest performances of all time?’
Last Wednesday, Idol nation witnessed another spectacular week because of Ms Candice Glover and Ms Candice Glover alone. As a big Candice fan, I was all in tears and awe witnessing this moment on American Idol.
She tackled “Don’t Make Me Over” by Dionne Warwick and nailed it.I was actually excited to hear her sing that song. At the first part of it, she respected the song and sang it beautifully. The next half was all Candice. She interpreted it on her own way by her voice. I love how she sang the line “now that you’ve got me at your command.” I was pumping my fist when she was singing the “accept me for what I am” and I just threw my gospel hand when she sang the last two lines of the song. Just amazing. After that performance alone, Keith put her on her Top 3 (oh f*ck you, Keith! SHE SHOULD BE ON EVERYONE’S TOP 3!). I agree with Jimmy, that song alone puts Candice in front of the pack.
I can’t even think of a better way to end the episode than Candice singing Love Song (Adele’s version). At first I was kinda worried for Candice because it was one of Adele’s boring songs (sorry, just an opinion. stop the hate comments lol). But when the piano started playing, I felt that this is going to be amazing. Candice proved me wrong after singing the first line of the song. I said to my said that it was going to be epic! She gave a jazz twist on it. I loved how she slowed down the first half of the song and do her own thing on it. I love how she almost lost control of her self on the line “whenever Im alone with you.” The amount of bravado was excellent. I love hand gesture on the “how ever long I stay” as if she tear down the ribbon on the finish line of a race finishing first from the race and Kree, Amber, Angie and Janelle were just have way through the race. And that last line? SUBLIME! After that, I felt disoriented. The feeling that you questioned your existence as a human and ask yourself what the hell are you doing at that particular time - that’s how I felt. My hands were shaking as I tweet my reaction. My head went numb. That was really sick. Glitter shower from Ms Mariah Carey was not enough. I cried a tear when I saw her crying too. Candice nail the coffin of other contestants and bury them 6 feet under. The production should have showered her with confetti and call it a season! That was an Idol winner performance! Which brings me to the question if that was one of the best performances on Idol history?
I started watching the show Season 8. I’ve seen Adam Lambert singing Mad World, Kris Allen doing Heartless, Crystal Bowersox singing Me and Bobby McGee, House of the Rising Sun by Haley Reinhart and Joshua Ledet doing It’s a Man’s, Man’s, Man’sWorld but Candice’s Love Song surpassed these. I cannot say that it was the greatest performance of all time but I can safely say that it was one of the bests. It sucks for other contestants like Kree who did an amazing job and Amber who gave solid solid performances this week.
Still, after that performance, I am not confident Candice will win this season. As the song goes, anything can happen. But for me, she won the contest by that performance alone.
TV Characters Who Make Me Swoon
Sam (New Girl)
Harvey Specter (Suits)
Jeff Winger (Community)
Rep. Peter Russo (House of Cards US)
Neal Caffrey (White Collar)
Peter Burk (White Collar)
Damon Salvatore (The Vampire Diaries)
Elijah (The Vampire Diaries)
Jason DiLaurentis (Pretty Little Liars)
Dennis Reynolds (It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia)
Barney Stinson (How I Met Your Mother)
Jacob Wells (The Following)
Dean Wichster (Supernatural)
Lord Snow (Game of Thrones)
Tags#Sam#New Girl#Harvey Specter#Suits#Jeff Winger#Community#Peter Russo#House of Cards US#Neal Caffrey#White Collar#Peter Burke#Damon Salvatore#Elijah#the vampire diaries#Dennis Reynolds#Sunny in Philadelphia#Barney Stinson#himym#Jacob Wells#The Following#Dean Winchester#supernatural#Gannicus#spartacus#Lord Snow#Game of Thrones#Jason DiLaurentis#PLL
Which Characters Should and Shouldn’t Die in ‘The Walking Dead’?
This Monday, the most anticipated clash between Rick and The Governor is about to happen. And for the third time, AMC has diverted away from the original story which makes the show unpredictable (and they are not doing good with it). Season 3 focused much more on building up of this season’s finale when there are also important topics the show could have tackled like establishment of new morality, trying to find a cure, etc.
We have grown to love and hate characters from the series. I know some of you is still looking forward to seeing some characters on season 4. Now, I give you my thoughts who should and shouldn’t die in the inevitable war (don’t hate). I’ll try not to spoil you guys because Im that fucking nice (LOL. No Im not)
Dr. Stevens (Should)
He could have been a useful ally to Rick’s group. He was given an opportunity to escape Woodberry. Instead, he chose to stay and live in comfort. Who wouldn’t? It is still a matter of survival. But as he made up his mind later on the season, it will be interesting to see how would The Governor settle the score after Dr. Stevens burn his zombies.
Beth and Hershel (Shouldn’t)
One of my friends noticed that AMC is building up a love team between Rick and Beth (Hershel’s daughter). I find it really icky and poor. C’mon! A little girl and a dad?! But then, I realize, if this would happen, it can create a conflict between Hershel and Rick on the next season.
Seriously, has someone felt her presence from the start of season 3? It was kind of frustrating to see how her character sink from the conflict between Rick and The Governor when the writers can also dwell to her longing for Sophia or her being alone. From this point of the season, I can’t think of anything that her character can offer more to the story.
Maggie and Glenn (Shouldn’t)
It’s refreshing to see that we can still see a couple (making out) on that kind of situation. To see them get married springs hope to all survivors. It’s also quite compelling to see how Glenn fought Meryl for Maggie (I would love to see that again). Now that they are about to get married just made me want them to survive even more. Maybe a baby after the war?
Tyrese and Sasha (Should)
Coming in really really late this season are Tyrese, his sister Sasha and two other guys which still made a lot of comics fan happy. But I never get why did the writers even put Tyrese in. It’s useless if you’d ask me.I just hope Tyrese would give Rick’s group an advantage before the war. And from there, maybe we can see one of the most anticipated events among The Governor, Rick and Tyrese (comic fans, agree?)
Remember when Laurie died giving birth to her daughter? Remember when he had to kill his mother to prevent her from becoming a zombie? That’s the time he became matured. When I say matured I mean bad -ass. The boy is strong that I assume he can live on his own. He is also smart that he can sometimes put some sense to Rick. Besides, Carl can be the only reason Rick is still fighting for survival.
This girl knows how to survive and she can help the group after they flee from the prison. She’s pretty handy. She survived on her own for Christ’s sake! Most of all, I think they should give her character justice! After that very disappointing confrontation between her and The Governor, writers should make her a bad-ass in season 4. AMC, can you guys do this for us?
All of you would probably agree that she is the next most hated character next to The Governor this season. People labeled her as slut. I wont argue with that. But the gal is a skilled shooter, even better than Rick (IMHO) that both groups took advantage of. Why did the writers do that to her character? I guess I’ll never know the answer to my question. Still, I think she deserves a second chance.
Judith/Judy who? That’s Rick and Laurie’s new born daughter. Yes, I suggested that. It’s brutal I know. But this will be the ONLY reason that The Governor can be labelled as evil (one of the most hated antagonists ever created) and can make season 3 the best one ever. This will allow writers create some other topics to write on for Rick and Carl, agree?
Let’s face it. Without his leadership, all of them could have died in Atlanta already. The moment the group decided to appoint him as their leader, there was never a time they lose with his decisions. He weighs things very carefully and always do the smart move (except for Michonnes case). The dude may look like he’s loosing it, mentally, but I believe it is bigger than what it is. Protagonist?! Hello?!?
Did I get too far? I think yes and I dont care. Don’t get me wrong, I love Daryl’s character. I think he’s more awesome than Rick (TV series only, please). Don’t you think Daryl should be the one to kill The Governor? And wouldn’t it be more dramatic if he also dies? Let that sink in. Besides, you cant put Daryl and Abraham (season 4, I think) in one season. The universe will implode.
The Governor (Shouldn’t)
Since AMC is not really following the story, why not take it all the way through, right?! I mean he didnt lose his arm or any of his fingers for that matter. Just his eye which was done poorly. Out of all the characters on the series, this character wasnt given the enough justice. Well, I shouldnt have said that coz I havent seen the finale. Maybe AMC would redeem the character of The Governor there. But going back to the topic, wouldnt it be nice if he survives the war and later on the season, Rick would cross paths with The Governor again and clash?
The Voice Season 4 Premier
After three successful seasons, The Voice is back with two new coaches/judges Usher and Shakira. I am personally excited to see Usher coach his contestants since he’s been really successful in the RnB. But it was really a surprise that I loved Shakira more than him. The She Wolf singer knows what she’s saying and I am looking forward her on the Live Show to give critiques which lacked last season (Yeah, I said it!). The coaches are playing with their strengths to win over contestants:
Blake with his likability, 2-time coach winner of show and his Country genre knowledge.
Usher with his stardom that he knows what would people want to see, deep understanding of RnB and his crotch! (Who wouldnt love to see him sitting like that?)
Shakira with her successful cross-over to American Music and impeccable ears that can be of strength during rehearsals.
Adam with his pop/rock knowledge, ability to push his contestants outside the box and being a 1-time coach winner of the voice.
This week’s auditions is really promising. There were a lot of talented persons who we look forward on the following rounds. One of them, my favorite for this week is Judith Hill.
Background singers had a lot of success in this show (Amanda Brown, Jermaine Paul, etc.) and now it’s Judith’s time to show that they have what it takes to make a career for themselves as solo artists. She sang “What A Girl Wants” by Christina Aguilera (former coach of The Voice). She gave a the song an funk vibe that I really liked and when she stomped while singing was golden. The runs she did was amazing that made me appreciate Usher’s hand shake after pushing his button for her. I hoped that she chooses Usher but he fell for Adam’s would-burn-myself speech (Ugh! I hope he just did it!) Anyways, I still loved her and I hope Adam wont mess! #KatrinaParkerHangOver
I am looking forward for more amazing performances on the following weeks.
My Top 10 Performances from Vegas Round of American Idol (Season 12)
Maybe a lot of us feel a bit disappointed with the brutal cuts on Vegas Weeks of American Idol, thanks to the one person who keeps mumbling words to the panel *ehem* There are a lot of conspiracy theory coming out from the internet but we cannot deny that we’re happy to most of the decisions the judges made (Keith, Ms Minaj, Ms Carey, *never mind). Here’s the list of my fave performances from Vegas weeks.
10 . Nobody’s Perfect - Angela Miller
9. Fever - David Oliver Willis
8. Nothing But The Water - Rachel Hale
7. (You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman - Candice Glover
6. Bust Your Windows - Breanna Steer
5. Ain’t No Way - Adriana Latonio
4. Superstar (Version of Luther Vandross) - Curtis Finch, Jr.
3. Skyscraper - Juliana Chahayed
2. My Funny Valentine - Amber Holcomb
1. Up to the Mountain - Kree Harrison
My Top 20 Glee Performances
Glee is already on the middle of their forth season and the show has already covered a lot of songs. Some are bad while some are really good. See my personal list of songs I love.
20. Somebody to Love - New Directions
19. Maybe This Time - Rachel Berry and April Rhodes
18. Take Me or Leave Me - Mercedes Jones and Rachel Berry
17. Somewhere Only We Know - The Warblers
16. River Deep Mountain High - Mercedes Jones and Santana Lopez
15. Start Me Up / Livin on a Prayer - Girls of New Directions
14. Edge of Glory, It’s All Coming Back to Me Now, Paradise By The Dash Board Lights - New Directions
13. Rumor Has It / Someone Like You - Troubled Tones
12. O Holy Night - Rachel Berry
11. Baby It’s Cold Outside - Kurt Hummel and Blaine Anderson
10. Defying Gravity - Kurt Hummel and Rachel Berry
9. Smooth Criminal - Santana Lopez and Sebastian Smythe
8. Dream On - Will Schuster and Bryan Ryan
7. Faithfully - New Directions
6. Jump - New Directions
5. I Feel Pretty / Unpretty - Quinn Fabray and Rachel Berry
4. Teenage Dream - The Warblers
3. Ain’t No Way - Mercedes Jones
2. Don’t Rain on My Parade - Rachel Berry
1. Don’t Stop Believing - New Directions
Note: I do not own any of the pictures above.